My favourite part of watching award shows is looking back and choosing all of my favourite moments. If you missed the 2015 American Music Awards last night, or if you just want to relive the magic of the night – you can find our top 5 moments below.
5. Even though many Jonas Brothers fans are still not over the breakup, it’s nice to see the boys supporting each other in their solo endeavours! Last night, Joe Jonas (and DNCE) introduced his little bro’s performance – and all of our hearts melted. We couldn’t find the clip, but we thought Nick‘s performance would suffice:
4. The Weeknd had a great night at the AMAs! He won 2 awards and his performance was on FIRE – literally:
3. The AMAs celebrated the 20th anniversary of Alanis Morissette‘s hit smash “You Oughta Know”. The Canadian singer performed it for the crowd with one of our faves, Demi Lovato, and it was amazing. Check out the clip below:
2. With everything happening around the world right now, it was only fitting for the AMAs to pay a tribute to all of the lives lost in the recent attacks on humanity. Before a moving performance by Celine Dion that left the audience in tears, Jared Leto gave this moving and 100% accurate speech about the tragedies:
1. Our favourite part of the AMAs, hands down, was seeing Justin Bieber hit the stage! Can’t say enough how proud we are of this Canadian boy. The Biebs closed the show with his 3 hit singles off of Purpose, ending it with an epic performance of “Sorry” in the rain – and yes, it was actual water. We suspect he may have been lip syncing for this big part of the finale – but we’ve chosen to forgive him. Watch the full performance below:
What was your favourite moment from the 2015 American Music Awards? Tweet us @BestFan and let us know!