If you are into latin music and also love pop, you NEED to take a listen to CNCO. We had a chance to see them during their first time in Toronto opening for Enrique Iglesias and Pitbull at the Air Canada Centre last weekend and now we can’t stop listening to “Reggaeton Lento“.
Here’s the 5 reasons why you need to watch out for CNCO:
1. They are basically a younger Spanish version of The Backstreet Boys, especially with their song “Primera Cita”, which gives us serious “As Long As You Love Me” Backstreet Boy throwback-vibes. They also have every song choreographed perfectly when they perform in concert. What fan of pop music and boy-bands doesn’t love this?!
2. Like many of our favourite pop groups, they also formed through a TV show similar to the X Factor called La Banda. The show was created by Ricky Martin and Simon Cowell.
3. They are all from different Latin American countries, representing Dominican Republic, Mexico, Ecuador, Puerto Rico and Cuba.
4. They are all very much connected to their fans on social media, especially Instagram. You can follow their wacky adventures, stories and hilarious tour moments on their Instagram stories.
5. Fans cannot get enough of their single, “Reggaeton Lento“. Since the original release, they’ve released it TWICE. The first time with Zion y Lennox for a more of “reggaeton” vibe. The second time with Little Mix as they exchange part between the ladies of Little Mix. Whether in English or Spanish, fans cannot get enough as it has been climbing up the charts
Known as the “Best Kings of Latin America”, this Latin American boy band composed of Christopher Vélez, Richard Camacho, Joel Pimentel, Erick Brian Colón and Zabdiel de Jesús are ones to watch.
After landing a 5-year recording contract with Sony Music Latin, the band has been touring with Ricky Martin and performing their singles, “Tan Fácil” and “Quisiera”, charted well soon after their debut.
They released their first album, Primera Cita last year and this past August, they became the first boy band to reach one billion views on YouTube, with their single “Reggaetón Lento (Bailemos).” If that doesn’t get you thinking then, best of luck to you – cause you’ll be missing out on the best Latin boy band to ever hit the scene.
For current fans and soon-to-be fans, CNCO wanted us to share some Canadian love from us to you. Check out their personalized video below: